David Recordon and John McCrea breeze through six different news stories of another busy week in the emergence of the open Social Web. Items include: Yahoo adds 20 external feeds; Jaiku reborn as open source code; Six Apart's TypePad Connect enhances OpenID support; Plaxo adds Amazon product images for product reviews; and OpenID reaches 30,000 sites and over half a billion users.
- TechCrunch's Erick Schonfeld on Yahoo adding external feeds: Yahoo Becomes More FriendFeed-like, Adds Updates from 20 Outside Sites
- Jyri Engstrom, founder of Jaiku, on what's really happening with the Jaiku codebase: Signal (and noise) about Jaiku this week
- iLike's official blog post on integration with Google Friend Connect: Add Social Playlists to Any Website
- David Recordon's post on OpenID's dramatic progress last year: 2008: Momentum
- Wired's Michael Calore on OpenID and Six Apart's TypePad Connect: Want Proof that OpenID Cn Succeed? Just Scroll Down